Mr. Richard Palmer, Coordinator of Athletics and Co-Curricular Activities (firstname.lastname@example.org) oversees all of the programmings for the following co-curricular opportunities.
IMSA offers competitive opportunities through the IHSA:
- Scholastic Bowl
- Science Olympiad
- Speech Team
A full list of our Co-curricular Activity opportunities and their sponsors:
- ACRONYM – Student newspaper, internet editions.
Sponsor: Tracy Townsend
- American Computer Science League – Computer science competition team.
Sponsors: Namrata Pandya & Pat Patankar
- Chess Team – IHSA competition and school club.
- E-Sports – Multi-school trivia competition.
- Drama Club – A student theatre organization.
Sponsor: Julie Dowling
- Math Team – Math competition team.
Sponsor: Evan Brummet
- Mu Alpha Theta – National math honorary society. Holds activities throughout the year.
Sponsor: Janice Krouse
- Robotics – Club to learn more about robotics.
Sponsors: Lingyi Meng & David Mahler
- Scholastic Bowl – A multi-school trivia competition.
Sponsors: Eric Rettburg
- Science Bowl – A quiz-show format contest where students are asked questions in the categories of biology, chemistry, physics, math, energy, and earth and space science.
- Science Olympiad – A team competition in which students compete in 23 events pertaining to various scientific disciplines, including earth science, biology, chemistry, physics, and engineering.
Sponsor: Grant Bell
- Solo/Ensemble Contest – Students compete in the area and regional competitions in music and voice.
Sponsors: Mary Beth McCarthy (Instrumental) & Lara Brink (voice)
- Speech & Debate – Promote speech, compete in tournaments.
Sponsors: Peter Dong & Leah Kind
- Strolling Strings – Musical instrumental group.
Sponsor: Mary Beth McCarthy
- Yearbook – Production of an annual yearbook.
Sponsor: Joyce Symoniak