Intersession is a learning opportunity, offered between first and second semester. Sessions are taught by faculty, staff, students, alumni, and outside guests. Session topics include math and science, cultural studies, hobbies and life skills, fine arts and more. Intersession allows students to explore areas of interest outside of the curriculum. Registration and assignments will take place prior to the end of the 1st semester. Students will receive an email alerting them to the registration process.
Attendance is mandatory. Students missing any portion of Intersession for reasons other than medical will receive an unsatisfactory.
Intersession January 2023 Information
On-Site, Virtual, and Local Travel Programs will take place January 9-13.
Travel Study Program dates vary, but will take place in January prior to the start of the Spring semester.
IMSA 2023 Travel Study Programs
- Travel Study Programs Descriptions & Details
- Travel Study Programs Application (APPLICATION DEADLINE – 12:40 PM on MONDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2022)
IMSA 2023 Intersession Proposal Guidelines & Forms
Intersession 2023 Proposal Guidelines
- Virtual: The entire session will be facilitated remotely via Zoom, with the possibility of some limited asynchronous components.
- On-Site @ IMSA: The session will be facilitated in-person at IMSA’s campus in Aurora, IL on days/times during the week of Intersession.
- Local: The session will be facilitated partly or fully off-site near IMSA’s campus with no overnight stay. (ex: a bus trip into downtown Chicago)
- Travel Study: The session will take place partly or fully off-site and will require one or more nights of overnight stay due the distance from campus.
NOTE: If you have questions please contact email@example.com.
- Intersession 2022 – Course Catalog
- Intersession 2021 Catalog
- Intersession Catalog for 2020
- Intersession Catalog for 2019: Listing of last years Intersession (2019) offerings
- Intersession Catalog for 2017/18: Listing of last years Intersession (2018) offerings
- Intersession Catalog for 2016/17: Listing of last years Intersession (2017) offerings
- Intersession Purpose and Principles: Describes why IMSA holds Intersession