College Internship Opportunities (SITE)
SITE Program Overview –
Summer Internships for Tomorrow’s Educators
SITE – Summer Internships for Tomorrow’s Educators—provides college education and STEM majors with training, mentorship and support, feedback, and classroom opportunities to teach IMSA-created, hands-on, minds-on STEM content to students in IMSA’s summer programs. SITE interns receive training in inquiry-based teaching techniques, material preparation, classroom management, and the elements of successful informal STEM learning. SITE interns work and teach alongside IMSA high school students who are part of the ALLIES program, an educational enrichment program that works with students at IMSA and statewide to develop, mentor, train, manage, and supervise IMSA student volunteers to work with participants in our in-person and virtual STEM enrichment outreach programs. Site interns receive an hourly salary. This summer these internships will largely be in person at our Aurora, IL campus, but may include some remote work. The internship will run from May 31 through July 30. General hours are 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Here’s how the application process works for aspiring SITE interns:
- Complete the application with several short essay questions.
- Complete the application here!
- Provide one recommendation as part of the application process. You may have your recommender email this to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will begin interviewing potential interns in January 2022. While the application deadline is March 31, offers for this year’s cohort will be made on a rolling basis, so it benefits you to get your application completed early.
The final cohort of interns will be selected by mid-April
- Rising college sophomore, junior, or senior or enrolled in a graduate program the fall following the internship
- STEM or education major; preference is given to STEM Education majors or those pursuing a career in STEM education.
This application requires one Reference Form
. Please forward the form to a supervisor who knows you well from either a school or work setting. They will complete and submit directly to IMSA.